- I know we don’t typically think about being super productive on our snow days, but it’s a really not a bad I find it easy for me to over look the pile of clothes in my living room when I’m barely home, but when I’m stuck inside? I cannot stand the sight of it.
2) Try out that new recipe
- I’m not saying you have to turn into a chef, but this a good time to try that recipe you’ve been putting off for a while. You’re not in rush to go anywhere. Why not?
- I love, love, love, planners. Planning lets me know that I have some type of control in my life. Take a few minutes to plan for the rest of the week. As a matter of fact, for the rest of the month. It’ll help you be proactive, and not crunch later.
4) Read a book
- I enjoy reading for fun. If you’re anything like me, you know that adulthood doesn’t allow a lot of time for reading. Take this time to read the book you bought a few weeks ago, but haven’t had a chance to crack open.
5) Call your family
- With all that’s going on in our lives, text messages, and emails dominate communication. Almost everything is digital. Take some time to call your loved ones. I’m sure they would love to hear your voice. Not everyone is as tech savvy as you, and many people prefer good old-fashioned telephone conversations.
6) Start a DIY project
- Pinterest is my favorite place to go when I am feeling crafty. The app is filled with projects for almost any item you can think of. From random pieces of fabric, and sequins, to empty wine bottles. Go check it out.
- Oh yea. Snow days don’t mean you can’t get your workout in. Check out YouTube for plenty of at home workout videos. Grab your yoga mat, water bottle, and get moving.
- By far, one of my favorite things to do. Invite that special someone over and take the day to enjoy one another’s company.
9) Shop Online
- Just because you can’t physical get to the mall, doesn’t mean you can’t still shop your favorite stores. Most stores these days have an online website. Just search for the one you’re looking for on Google, or your favorite search engine, and it will probably come up in the results. Treat yourself. You deserve it.
- I’m all for being productive, but a girl’s gotta rest! Take the day to get caught up on some much needed sleep. The bags under your eyes will thank you for it. The rest of your body too 😉